“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
A wonderful way to give to Family Transition Place (FTP) is through holding a Third Party Event.
A third-party event is a fundraising initiative hosted by a company, organization or individual to benefit FTP. These events can take many forms and raise important funds, friends and awareness of our work to end violence against women and help support our youth education programs.
Third Party Event Ideas in the Face of a Pandemic
Due to the 2020 coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve all had to make adjustments in our day-to-day lives. One of the
biggest adjustments FTP has had to make is how to successfully raise funds with limitations on social interactions. With
the help of community members like you, we can reach our financial goals by being creative with virtual and socially distanced
events. Here are some ideas, but feel free to come up with your own!
- Zoom Activity: Make a donation to get the link to join the activity you’re hosting (e.g., exercise class, fun run, cooking
demo, yoga class, magic show).
- Birthday Parade: Ask all cars who are joining in the parade fun to make a donation in honour of the birthday boy/girl.
- Birthday Fundraiser: Ask for donations in lieu of gifts.
- Get Creative: Are you making masks, soap, bath bombs? A portion of the proceeds can be donated to FTP.
- Leverage your Business: A portion of the sales for a specific item could benefit FTP. We also have items we can work with you to sell that would benefit FTP.
- Online Garage Sale: Use your local buy and sell to purge your spring cleaning with proceeds donated to FTP—using
the COVID-19 safety tips for online sales, of course.
- Host a Bottle Drive: Collect cans and bottles to return for a refund, and donate the proceeds.
- Host a Golf Tournament or Fun Run: A portion of the tournament/entry fees could be donated to FTP.
- Motorcycle Brigade: Gather your motorbike riding friends, collect donations to FTP to join, and enjoy a ride together
through beautiful Dufferin County.
- Car Rally/Scavenger hunt: Donate a portion of team entry fees going to FTP.
All third party events must be approved by FTP before the event can be promoted to the public. Also, any use of the FTP logo or name on printed materials must be approved in writing by FTP; this includes all promotional and publicity pieces.
Download our Third Party Event Guidelines here.
Once your third party event is approved, we’ll list your event on our website.
We truly thank you for your support!