Our focus is on building a healthy community – one relationship at a time.
We believe there is strength in partnerships and and that they will equate to a stronger community. We are proud of our relationships with our community partners.
Often turned to as the experts in family violence, we partner with other agencies and groups in numerous ways:
• As a founding member of the Domestic Assault Review Team (DART); the Sexual Assault Review Team and the Child Abuse Review Team with Police, Justice and community agency representatives
• CAS- FTP has a formal partner agreement with Dufferin Family and Children’s Services (DCAFS); we value this working relationship and appreciate the ability to problem solve around service delivery and client issues
• Upper Grand District School Board – FTP has strong advocates in the Board Chair and a number of trustees, Principals and Child and Youth Workers in the schools
• Dufferin Connects – a Charter Member of this new Mental Health Networking group . FTP is adamant that we stay on the forefront of developments in the Mental Health field and are active participants at a number of Mental Health tables
• We have partnerships with the Town of Orangeville, Homewood Addiction Services and Public Health to deliver our innovative Youth Education.
• Proud member of the Greater Dufferin Chamber of Commerce and one employee is an active member of the Dufferin Women in Business Committee; a part of the GDACC
• Sitting member on the Transitional Housing Support Program (THSP) committee – RESOURCE
Learn more about family violence, woman abuse and Family Transition Place’s programs and services in our newsletter, our website, brochures, as well as articles in the local newspapers.
Presentations & Workshops
Knowledgeable staff are available as trainers, keynote speakers and workshop facilitators to share information and violence prevention strategies with groups, businesses and other organizations.
For more information, please contact Lynette Pole-Langdon at 519-942-4122, ext. 234.