Building healthier communities – one relationship at a time.
Our workplace culture is aligned with our values – like a ‘north star’ guiding us in our daily workplace practices.
FTP primarily provides services to women and children who have experienced abuse. We know that abuse has wide ranging impact on peoples’ lives in the community and society in general, so we aspire to:
A community free of abuse where all individuals are treated with compassion, equity and respect, and live their lives in healthy relationships.
The human quality of understanding a person’s strengths and vulnerabilities along with the authentic desire to offer acceptance and support. We show commitment to this value by actively listening to one another and by showing respect and care to all people, especially to those we serve and support.
Upholding the fundamental ethical, organizational and institutional principles of FTP in a transparent, trustworthy, honest and consistent manner.
We recognize that in order to achieve equity, we must embrace diversity and recognize that creating an inclusive environment requires intent, self-awareness and investment in training, time, effort and energy. We aim to create a safer environment where everyone can belong.
It is our responsibility to be actively involved in our community. We commit to working with partners and citizens to create a community that is welcoming and supportive of all. We strive to make a spositive difference in our world through advocacy, leadership, coaching and mentoring, and intentional environment practices.
Our Mission is to support the holistic well-being of those affected by gender-based violence and promote healthy relationships and community, through education.
Therefore, we commit to:
- Providing SAFETY:
- Providing a safe shelter for those identifying as women and their children
- Providing referrals and options to help ensure the safety of all individuals who reach out to us for help
- Creating safe, welcoming and inclusive spaces
- Providing SUPPORT:
- Providing respectful and compassionate counselling and supports to those who have experienced trauma and/or abuse so that they are empowered as they move forward on their life journey
- Inspiring HOPE:
- Educating to promote healthy relationships and end the cycle of abuse
- Advocating for systemic change; always learning and innovating to create positive impacts on the lives of the diverse individuals we serve
- Living and promoting the values of respect, integrity, compassion and inclusivity at all times (within the agency and community)
- Providing responsible stewardship of resources and our community’s goodwill through accountable and transparent processes