Transitional, Legal and Housing Support Services

An abused woman can face significant hurdles to independence while she’s building a violence free life for herself and her family. To help her overcome those hurdles, support is available.

Transitional Support is available to women throughout Caledon and Dufferin. Appointments are available in Bolton, Shelburne and Orangeville.

Call 1-800-265-9178 or 519-941-4357 to book an appointment.

Housing & Transitional Support Services can help if you:

  • Have experienced any form of woman abuse.
  • Are trying to establish a violence free life in the community.
  • Need assistance with finding housing resources or maintaining your current housing.
  • Need support in becoming independent.
  • Need support connecting with appropriate services in the community.

We can:

  • Offer flexible services to women and their children as they establish violence free lives in the community
  • Assist with developing safety and transitional plans
  • Help women identify, develop and contact other supports and agencies within the community for:
    • Housing
    • Legal
    • Counselling
    • Parenting
    • Educational upgrading
    • Job training
    • Income assistance
    • Health and wellness services
    • Applying for residency
    • Immigration
  • Work with women to identify long and short term goals
  • Offer support and information to help improve a woman’s self-esteem
  • Provide a Family Court Support Worker (funded by the Ministry of the Attorney General)
  • Work with women to develop individual safety plans for herself and her children
Translate »