FTP’s youth educators have partnered with the Orangeville Public Library on the following projects:
Six-word Optimism Poetry Contest for youth in grades 5-8
In celebration of Poetry Month, the Orangeville Public Library’s program team and FTP’s youth educators challenge you to write a six-word poem that highlights a message of optimism. Submissions must be sent to email@example.com by Friday, April 29th at 4 p.m.
Please click on the poster below for more details.
Healthy In-School Relationships Workshop for Parents – April 21, 2022
THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELLED
This workshop is designed for parents, with a focus on examining a child’s in-school relationships. Workshop activities and discussions will address the following topics:
- The characteristics of healthy and unhealthy in-school relationships
- Viewing school bullying as a relationship issue
- How to support your child in dealing with unhealthy relationships by:
- Helping your child become more assertive
- Teaching your child healthy emotional self-regulation strategies
- Assisting your child in building their own feelings of self-worth
- Ways to discuss relationship issues with school personnel
For information on future Youth Education Program workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.