Our shelter is a safe and comfortable place to stay for women (16 years of age and older) and their children. We provide food and other essentials. We can offer you assistance with transportation and childcare, advocacy and accompaniment to appointments and court, individual and group counselling, and follow up support after your stay.
Help is just a phone call away. If you would like more information about staying at our Shelter, please call us at 519-941-HELP / 905-584-HELP
or 1-800-265-9178 to speak with the counsellor on duty about your situation.
- staff are available 24 hours a day to help you
- clean and welcoming bedrooms (including adjoining rooms and fully accessible rooms)
- Food & Nutrition Specialist provides nutritious meals on a nightly basis, as well as offering basic cooking lessons, help with meal planning and budgeting
- laundry facilities
- telephone access
- playroom/playground (Children can safely play and have fun while still in Mom’s view.)
- Video games and movies are available so even the ‘big kids’ can have fun.
- information and referrals related to relationship issues
- supportive counselling
- services and support groups
- access to childcare and transportation assistance (for appointments and court)
- staff accompaniment to appointments and court
- advocacy assistance (when dealing with child protection, income assistance, legal aid, immigration, court or other systems)