Employment & Volunteering Opportunities
CRISIS / INTAKE COUNSELLOR
Contract: March 2019 – March 2020
35 hours per week
Under the direction of the Manager of Counselling and Youth Education Services, the Crisis / Intake Counsellor will provide crisis response and support to woman abuse and sexual abuse survivors.
Full job description HERE.
Please forward your letter of application and resume by Friday, March 1, 2019 at 4:oo p.m. to:
Family Transition Place
20 Bredin Parkway
Orangeville, Ontario L9W 4Z9
Fax #: (519) 942-8243
We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates are expected to undergo a Police Vulnerable Sector check.
There are no volunteer opportunities at this time. Please check back for future updates.
The volunteer needs to understand the parameters around safety and the importance of confidentiality. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt to an emotionally challenging environment, be a problem solver, and reliable. Potential volunteers must agree to Family Transition Place’s Volunteer Commitment to Privacy and Code of Conduct policies, and submit a valid Police Vulnerable Sector check.
For more information on being involved with Family Transition Place as a volunteer, please refer to our Volunteer Handbook.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accept applicants who have received Residential, Counselling or Legal Support services from Family Transition Place within the last twelve months.
For those interested in applying for future volunteer positions, please complete and submit a Volunteer Application. When a mutually beneficial opportunity arises, we will contact applicants to discuss availability.
Generally, our volunteer needs are limited to the following opportunities:
- Fundraising Committees (HOPE Event & International Women’s Day Luncheon)
- Board of Directors
Training and Benefits
- orientation to the agency;
- information on woman abuse and its impact on children;
- ongoing training and skills development;
- current information about Family Transition Place events and activities;
- a sense of satisfaction, contribution and purpose by participating in a social movement to end violence against women and their children.
Volunteers are expected to:
- complete an application, obtain a criminal reference check and sign a commitment to privacy form;
- attend training;
- commit to a minimum of one year.
Once your form is received you will be contacted by our Events & Community Relations Coordinator.
Please send your application to email@example.com. If you cannot open the form or would like more information please call 519-942-4122 or 905-584-4357 ext.243.