Employment & Volunteering Opportunities
Part-Time – 21 hours/week
March 2020 – December 2021
Full job description HERE.
Family Transition Place
20 Bredin Parkway
Orangeville, Ontario L9W 4Z9
Fax #: (519) 942-8243
- As the Receptionist you will monitor front door security, greet all visitors and clients with excellent customer service; answer and direct telephone calls; respond appropriately to inquiries; schedule appointments and; provide clerical support.
- As the Agency Assistant you will, on an as needed basis, perform a variety of duties that could include: client program related tasks and support, facility and grounds maintenance, food preparation, child care, organizing activities.
Full job description HERE.
or Fax: 519-942-8243
May 19, 2020 – August 21, 2020
or Fax #: (519) 942-8243
The volunteer needs to understand the parameters around safety and the importance of confidentiality. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt to an emotionally challenging environment, be a problem solver, and reliable. Potential volunteers must agree to Family Transition Place’s Volunteer Commitment to Privacy and Code of Conduct policies, and submit a valid Police Vulnerable Sector check.
For more information on being involved with Family Transition Place as a volunteer, please refer to our Volunteer Handbook.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accept applicants who have received Residential, Counselling or Legal Support services from Family Transition Place within the last twelve months.
For those interested in applying for future volunteer positions, please complete and submit a Volunteer Application. When a mutually beneficial opportunity arises, we will contact applicants to discuss availability.
Generally, our volunteer needs are limited to the following opportunities:
- Fundraising Committees (HOPE Event & International Women’s Day Luncheon)
- Board of Directors
Training and Benefits
- orientation to the agency;
- information on woman abuse and its impact on children;
- ongoing training and skills development;
- current information about Family Transition Place events and activities;
- a sense of satisfaction, contribution and purpose by participating in a social movement to end violence against women and their children.
Volunteers are expected to:
- complete an application, obtain a criminal reference check and sign a commitment to privacy form;
- attend training;
- commit to a minimum of one year.
Once your form is received you will be contacted by our Events & Community Relations Coordinator.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot open the form or would like more information please call 519-942-4122 or 905-584-4357 ext.243.