Woman Abuse Counselling
Click on each of the sections below to learn more about the individual and group counselling programs offered for women.
Counsellors support you by:
- being non-judgmental, client-centred and compassionate
- helping you express suppressed emotions from the impacts of abuse and trauama
- exploring positive ways for overcoming any trauma you’ve experienced and develop healthy coping stratagies
- helping you take the steps you need in order to take control of your life
- providing information about other community resources
Counselling appointments are:
- available in Orangeville, Shelburne and Bolton
- 1 hr long, usually up to 12 sessions
- supported by childcare on a limited basis
Group counselling and workshops will:
- help you realize you’re not alone; others share the same anxieties and difficulties.
- provide you with a sense of belonging and support.
- help you learn from the experience and growth of others.
- provide education and information to help you grow and improve the quality of your relationships.
- cover topics including
- healthy relationships;
- childhood sexual abuse;
- healthy dating;
- creative self-discovery;
- trauma and its impact;
- building self-esteem; and others.
Please click HERE for information on what to expect as a group participant.