Employment & Volunteering Opportunities
Facility Maintenance – Part-Time
Family Transition Place operates an emergency shelter, counselling and outreach programs for women and their children. Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Part-Time Facility Maintenance Worker will be responsible for a variety of duties related to general repair and maintenance of the buildings and grounds of 3 facilities: 20 Bredin Parkway and 3 houses in the Town of Orangeville.
Please click HERE for the full job description.
Please forward your resume by 4:00pm on Thursday, May 31, 2018 to:
Family Transition Place
20 Bredin Parkway
Orangeville, ON L9W 4Z9
Fax #: (519) 942-8243
There are no volunteer opportunities at this time. Please check back for future updates.
The volunteer needs to understand the parameters around safety and the importance of confidentiality. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt to an emotionally challenging environment, be a problem solver, and reliable. Potential volunteers must agree to Family Transition Place’s Volunteer Commitment to Privacy and Code of Conduct policies, and submit a valid Police Vulnerable Sector check.
For more information on being involved with Family Transition Place as a volunteer, please refer to our Volunteer Handbook.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accept applicants who have received Residential, Counselling or Legal Support services from Family Transition Place within the last twelve months.
For those interested in applying for future volunteer positions, please complete and submit a Volunteer Application. When a mutually beneficial opportunity arises, we will contact applicants to discuss availability.
Generally, our volunteer needs are limited to the following opportunities:
- Fundraising Committees (HOPE Event & International Women’s Day Luncheon)
- Board of Directors
Training and Benefits
- orientation to the agency;
- information on woman abuse and its impact on children;
- ongoing training and skills development;
- current information about Family Transition Place events and activities;
- a sense of satisfaction, contribution and purpose by participating in a social movement to end violence against women and their children.
Volunteers are expected to:
- complete an application, obtain a criminal reference check and sign a commitment to privacy form;
- attend training;
- commit to a minimum of one year.
Once your form is received you will be contacted by our Events & Community Relations Coordinator.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot open the form or would like more information please call 519-942-4122 or 905-584-4357 ext.243.